Monday, November 06, 2006

Even my pillows are bunned up




It's lose your toe in the cold freezing in the Washington, D.C. area this morning. It's so cold, even my pillows are bunned up to keep warm in my home where the heat is set on a blazing 80 degrees.

As much as I can't stand creepy crawly things i.e.: the influx of crickets and spider grasshoppers that spend more time in my living room than me, I'm not going to fight them today. They're just trying to find a place to live---at least until the sun rises---so their little legs won't freeze.

Finding clothes to wear in this changing weather is becoming an issue for me. Still in a Sunshine State of mind, few of my skirts have a lining. I have to double up on tops because I'm somehow disillusioned that the sun will come out and warm me like a caramel machiato (did I spell that right) from Starbucks. The sun did shine at 7ish this morning, but I think it has the flu or something. It has a fever but feeling the chills.

It might be wise for me to visit Burlington Coat Factory and invest in the latest wool blends and feet pajamas. No need to fight the coming of winter, it's inevitable that this year will be a blistering one. BRRRRR!

-A. Brown Girl

No comments: