Thursday, January 31, 2008

NEXT FROM COFFEEDREAMZ INK!

Sweet Roads and Honey (c) by Yolonda D. Coleman

"Every word of this song is going to be about you..." Raheem DeVaughn sang on my Ipod as I stepped onto the Stair Master. My thunder thighs had long since danced to the score of the lightning as I struck out one too many times prompting me to claim a life of celibacy. Then...he came along and interrupted my womanly strong hold to stand clear of relationships.

He came along singing melodies on stilettos having me high on my heels and tip toeing around love's room. Exercise was my only escape from the Voodoo he puts on me with his "How was your Days" and "Sleep wells" at night when I wanted to just scream my loneliness away. All the while, I'm wrapped in his long distance arms with the force of 10,000 tight ropes above center ring. Was I being clowned or crowned by his endearing words that kissed my ears like lips to a glass of his favorite drink...Water, I think, keeps his soup coolers moist, and I enjoy every vibration that comes from them from his simple, "Hey, lady," and "It's okay, Baby" words of comfort...and I'm thankful that in this world that's so full of sorrow, he takes time in his present and his tomorrow to simply let me know he cares and makes me climb invisible walls without even existing in the same city or state.

Of mind, body, and spirit, each step I take with the Master will be in the direction of perfection so I can run right into his heart.

Your Comments will be helpful. Please leave one. Thanks.
Raheem's Song

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! He'd better be a special man, a real man, if he makes you write like this. He'd better be a special man, a real man, if he's for Ms. Coleman. Whomever could he be?

Unknown said...

So, I've already got books 1 & 2, and I'm now anxiously awaiting the 3rd! :) Keep writing you talented woman you!!!

MsColeman said...

Z, please check out yolondacoleman.com for an excerpt from the third book.