Sunday, April 30, 2006

It's still an NE HEARTBREAK!




(Washington, D.C. 2006) --FORGET WHAT YOU HEARD...wait a minute...there is nothing that can be said that would discredit the baddest boy group of my time. New Edition remains together even when they are apart. We'll touch on that subject later.

1983 was the beginning of my love for the Boston Orchard Park basketballers turned singing group. While my mother nursed my leg from an alley accident, I heard the classic sound of percussions coming from the family boom box. I didn't know what a Candy Girl was, but I was going to be one. I knew that one day, I would grow up and be Mrs. Candy Girl DeVoe (too bad someone else is beating me to the punch). That's okay, I still love you Ronnie.

At 30, I'm living by the motto Innocence is Bliss. Even in my slumber, I remain happy. However, nothing made me happier when I saw the text message from a 516 area code (it was my line sister in NYC) reading "I bo at the new edition concert" That's fanatic language for "I'm at the New Edition concert." When you're jumping up and down, screaming out names and I LOVE YOU RALPH...all grammar goes out the window. As she had a chance to see them two days prior to the D.C. show, my bunny ears were wide awake waiting for the next text.

"THEY STILL HAVE IT."

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, they do. Precision is something they do not lack. Being able to dance and sing better than the albumns (yes, I said albumns 45s and 33s---don't play) is something worth seeing and hearing.

Because work calls, you will have to stay tuned for details: Wardrobe by both New Edition and their fans (good grief), the special surprises (stop trying to guess, I promise to tell you after I teach my chiren), and street vendors...ALL IN THE NAME OF NE...heartbreak. In the meantime, feel free to read some of my other adventures.

"ONE LOVE" (pun intended)! -A. Brown Girl, Traveling Letters From A. Brown Girl

No comments: